Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Ch. 10-12 Thoughts
In chapter 10, they talked about the importance of leadership and the role that teachers and student play. Far too many times we believe our students are very capable of success, however, we do not present them with the opportunities to demonstrate this success. Martinez and Stager explained that we must let go of this control we feel we need to have over our students and these new technology projects. It is our responsibility to give these students the opportunity to take part in these projects, however little or big that may be. It is our role as the teacher to create learners that are able to teach and learn from their peers. Another thing I took from this reading was creating our own Maker Days at our own school. I talked to the teacher I work for and she was very enthusiastic to talk to the principal and let her know about this Maker Movement. I can only see great things coming from this movement and our students can become more independent, collaborative workers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment