Using Makey Makey in math could greatly change the way we
teach our students the foundations of math. This subject has always had a
negative stigma associated with it and Makey Makey can help kids gain access to
this content in a more engaging way. I would be very interested to watch
different lessons on how to use Makey Makey in our classrooms, especially in a
special education setting. However, even the use of this system in a general
education setting would be very beneficial for me to learn about. Unfortunately,
I do have my reservations about using Makey Makey because I am not the most tech
savvy individual. I feel as though I would need a lot of training in this
program in order to educate my students in an effective manner. I also wonder how we can incorporate certain math lessons, like fractions, into Makey Makey. The trial we
did in class was very engaging and really gave me a feel of the potential this
program has in the classroom. It challenged me to figure out how to create the
device with collaboration among peers and I can see how this would benefit
students. Being able to communicate and problem solve is a very important life
skill that students need to understand and practice in everyday life. Overall,
I am fully supportive of using Makey Makey in our schools and allowing students
to learn using a more hands-on approach; if they build it they will learn
it. I also spoke to a teacher in the
Brea school district and she had mentioned that she had never heard of it, so I
am hoping that this system gains more access to schools very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment